Dr. Spiegelstein has combined two High-level professions over the last 30 years. Aviation and Medical careers. He started his aviation career in the Israel Air Force as a fighter pilot, with various experience in flight training and simulation, followed by civil experience in Flight Simulation design and sales. The medical career included specialty of Cardiac Surgery, High-technology cardiac devices implantation, Heart and Lung transplants, Mechanical heart implantation and Aviation medicine focusing on cardiac disease and Pilots certification.
- Active service for 9 years, in the Israeli Air Force as a F-16 Fighter pilot, flight instructor, flight simulator training officer and Advanced fighter pilots course chief instructor. Following the active service Dr. Spiegelstein continued to serve as a reserve F-16 pilot for over 20 years (Lt. Col).
- Bachelor in Medical Science (1999) and Medical Doctor graduation (2002) with Excellence, in Tel-Aviv University, Israel. Completion of Residency in Cardiac Surgery (2010) with research at the University of Toronto. Two year clinical fellowship in Cardiac Surgery at University of Pennsylvania and Fairfax Medical Center. Specialized in Heart Valve therapies, Minimal invasive procedures, Regenerative medicine, Mechanical Circulatory support and Heart/Lung Transplants.
- In 2017 Dr. Spiegelstein completed Aviation Medicine specialty in the Israeli Air Force Medical Corps. Dr. Spiegelstein is serving as an aviation medical doctor specialist at the Israeli Air Force clinic, and as a cardiac surgery consultant for Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, other air-crew serving in various aircrafts and Helicopters, and Flight Academy candidates.
- Aviation Medicine Specialist in the Civil Aviation Authority of Israel.
- Medical consultant in High-Tech companies developing medical devices for Cardiac medicine.
- Flight Simulators design, QA, marketing and sales in the B.V.R Systems Ltd. (1998-2004), now owned by Elbit Systems which is an Israeli international defense electronics company.
- Since 2016 working in EL AL Israel Airlines, currently flying Boeing 787 and 777. Previously flown Boeing 737.
Airline Transport Pilot, with over 5000 hours of flight time.
- B.Med. Sc. (Excellence), Tel Aviv University, Israel, 1999
- Medical Doctor (Excellence), Tel Aviv University, Israel, 2002
- Israeli Medical Doctor, 2004
- Cardiac Surgery Specialty, 2010
- Aviation Medicine specialty, 2017
- Over 25 publication in Peer-reviewed journals
- Over 60 lectures in international medical conferences