Captain Velasco Is An Airline Pilot With Over 20 Years Of Aviation Industry Experience.
He Is An Expert In All Facets Of Airline Flight Operations, Pilot Training and Critical Incident Response.
Tim served three different carriers flying a variety of aircraft throughout the world. He applies his flight operations knowledge to lead development and implementation of innovative airport and flight operations solutions for the Israel Aerospace Industry (IAI), Airbus Industries at numerous airports in North America, Asia, and Europe. He has served as a liaison between IAI and Airbus and various aviation entities throughout the world; delivering technical briefings and facilitating the completion of complex projects.
Tim is uniquely qualified to lead diverse teams in multinational and multicultural projects, though his extensive language, cultural skills and international experience. He has lead and delivered technical presentations to numerous airlines, airports and industry forums. He is responsible for the day to day company operations and is involved in the oversight and management of all projects.
Mr. Velasco’s representative career projects and highlights include:
- TaxiBot Operational Concept Manual – Managed the development of Airport and airline operating procedures to introduce TaxiBot operations at Munich, Paris Charles De Gaulle, Changi Singapore, Philadelphia and Newark International Airports
- TaxiBot Operational Requirement Specifications – Assistant Manager and Operational Expert in developing operational concepts and conducting critical review of the IAI’s ORS documentation
- TaxiBot Command, Control and Communications System – Assisted in development of control systems and performed technical review to demonstrate operational feasibility.
- Project Manager and Facilitator – Conducted program briefings for introduction of TaxiBot at Philadelphia International Airport/US Airways; George Bush International and Newark International Airport/ Continental-United, Munich International Airport/ Lufthansa, FMG, DHS and EFM and the Doha, Qatar Aviation Summit
- Safety Management System (SMS) development – Led and directed the development of an SMS concept to implement new technology vehicles still under development. Produced a booklet to be used by deployment teams anywhere in the world to meet the local SMS regulatory requirements
- Critical Incidence Response Program – Trained in the debriefing of crewmembers involved in critical events
- Airport Qualification – Delivered theater specific training to crewmembers in flight operations into terrain and performance critical airports throughout the world.
- Airline Transport Pilot – Tim has over 13,000 hours of flight time in aircraft from all four major manufacturers; Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier and Embraer
- Worldwide Flight Operations Experience – Served as a pilot in North, Central and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East
- Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics License
- Member of the Airline Pilots Association
- B.S. Aviation Technology, LeTourneau Univeristy 1992
- Fluent in Portuguese, Spanish and acquiring Hebrew